The city of Bend, Oregon requires any short term rental operator to apply for a Land Use Permit and an Initial Operating License. Whole home rentals are permitted once the operator obtains the required license, permit and collects and remits transient lodging taxes.

Bend Development Code Standards for Short Term Rentals (Section 3.6.500)

There is one exception to needing the permit and license and that is if the property is located within Mt. Bachelor Village, The Courtyards at Broken Top (Lots 1-8 and 21-32) or Deschutes Landing. For a full list of approved zoning locations, please refer to the Interactive Short Term Rental Eligibility Map.

STR Land Use Permits

Short Term Rental Operating License