The Lewiston Area Public Health Committee gathered an ad-hoc rental registration committee that has undergone the process of researching the creation of short-term rental regulations. The full recommended action plan was submitted and is still awaiting approval. Under the proposed regulations, the following applies (with approval):
- Short term rental registration will be required with the town of Lewiston.
- There will be a non-refundable fee involved, the amount is to be determined by Lewiston City Council.
- Only multi-family and mixed-use properties will be permitted.
- Applications must be submitted by July 1st of each year and renewed annually.
- If there are any conflicting ordinances involving short-term rental regulation and existing ordinance, whichever ordinance is stricter will apply.
- Rental units will be inspected in an organized or as-needed basis.