Moving from manual short term rental (STR) management to automation can be daunting, but soon you’ll wonder how you ever coped without it. And Hospitable.com is one such tool you may be considering to help you automate your processes—or perhaps you’re already using it.
However, if you’re just dipping your toe into automation for the first time, or are ready to start scaling your business in a big way, it makes sense that you’d be considering alternatives.
You’ll want to be sure you’re making the right choice before switching and potentially losing money, causing downtime in your business, and giving yourself a major tech headache in the process.
That’s why in this piece we’ve:
- Outlined who Hospitable.com is for and what it does
- Considered some genuine reasons why you might need an alternative
- Listed the features you may want to look for when researching an alternative
- Recommended five of the most popular property management systems (PMS) and automation software options out there
Full disclosure, we think our solution at Hostfully is among the best, most powerful vacation rental management tools. But, we’ve also looked at four others so you can truly find the solution that works best for your business.
Because businesses shift, change, and scale, your automation software should too.
Who is Hospitable for?
Hospitable.com is an automation tool designed for vacation rental hosts and managers, especially those that list on online travel agents (OTAs) like Airbnb and Vrbo.
It’s particularly well-known for its automated messaging tools, including its AI feature. This helps the software identify the subject of guest inquiries and answer them automatically. For example, the AI feature can detect if a guest is asking about Wi-Fi and send them more information about your property’s Wi-Fi access.
Hospitable.com acts as a powerful “add-on” for your listings. Its features also include calendar syncing to coordinate bookings from multiple channels, team and task management, review management, and integrations with dynamic pricing tools and smart locks.
What should you look for in a Hospitable alternative?
The answer to this question very much depends on what you need. When researching tools for your STR business, we recommend listing the features and end results you want, so you can accurately gauge whether it’s the right choice for you.
Hospitable.com works as an OTA “assistant” with features that mainly focus on automated messaging—plus simple analytics, task management, calendar coordination, and smart lock integration.
As a result, it makes sense that any genuine alternative needs to offer those features and any others relevant to your business needs.
Channel manager and calendar updates
Listing on the right channels for your niche is essential. So look for a channel manager for STRs that connects to all the sites you list on. And make sure your PMSIf you need one, you’ll want a tool that can manage multiple channels and maintain a central calendar easily.
Reservations and property management
To manage multiple bookings, your PMS needs to offer functions like a reservations manager, performance tracking, and data collection, all within a single platform.
Payment processing and upsell platform
A good Hospitable alternative tool should offer integrations with payment processing tools like PayPal, Stripe, and VacationRentPayment. Also, enable you to offer upsells to your guests for extra vacation rental revenue management and easier online payments.
A viable alternative to Hospitable.com should have a dynamic tool that enables smart pricing. That way, you can ensure your rates are always competitive no matter the season and push the latest updates to all of your listings automatically (via integrations with industry leaders like PriceLabs, Beyond, and Wheelhouse).
Task automation and team collaboration
Automation, which saves you hours of time and effort, is a major motivation for using digital management tools in the first place. Any great alternative will need to offer automation that will reduce the time you have to spend on repetitive, manual tasks and enable your team to collaborate for greater efficiency.
This is where Hospitable.com arguably shines, so to truly offer an alternative, your chosen tool will need to provide automated messaging that sends messages based on triggers. You’ll also want to look for a unified inbox, so your team won’t miss anything, even when information is coming from multiple sources.
Managing guests and owners is one thing, but getting the word out about your short-term rentals in the first place is also crucial. Hospitable.com has a direct booking website builder, so any alternative you’re considering will need to offer this capability and enable you to create and manage a direct booking site.
Property managers who rely on preparing regular updates and reports for owners will want this feature. That way, you can easily keep their owners happy and informed with real data and results.
Analytics and reporting
Hospitable.com does provide some level of data reporting, including guest names and tasks, some financial metrics, and dynamic pricing tracking. Make sure any Hospitable alternative offers these functions, as well as any advanced analytics you may need.
A wide range of integrations
A good Hospitable.com alternative will have a wide range of integrations, which will ensure a greater number of possible features and functionalities. These might include links to insurance providers like InsuraGuest and Safely, guest screening tools like Autohost and SUPERHOG, guest messaging and communication tools like Operto, or smart device managers like Lynx or NoiseAware.
The 5 best Hospitable alternatives for vacation rental management
Now that you know what to look for in possible Hospitable.com alternatives, here are some options that might work better for you.
Hostfully is an award-winning (Keystone Awards (2019 and 2021), and Shortyz 2022), easy-to-use platform that packs in a huge range of the most common must-have PMS functions within a single platform. It’s also specially designed to drive business success and adapt as your business grows, whether you manage one or several hundred properties. It is also a Preferred Partner of Vrbo, Airbnb, and Booking.com.
Best for: Managers of property rental companies who want to scale and are looking for a powerful platform that offers innovative ways to drive consistent bookings and revenue. Also, managers who want to please owners with detailed reporting, and guests with extra services and local insights.
- Channel management, with functionality across the usual OTAs and more niche sites
- Direct booking website, enabling you to drive more direct bookings and sync your calendars
- Automated and multilingual email and SMS messaging, for inquiries and timed triggers
- SMS messaging based on templates for seamless, pre, mid, and post-stay communications
- Central calendar to avoid double bookings from across channels
- Payment processing to handle confirmation payments, plus deposits and extra fees
- Booking pipeline, to track lead status, follow up with potential guests’ sales journeys and secure bookings
- Guidebook integration with Hostfully’s sister product, Guidebooks
- Property data management for at-a-glance tracking of your listings, fees, and reviews
- Owner financial reports to collaborate and communicate with owners error-free
- Customer data management, so you can gather guest details and build relationships
- Upsell services to drive extra revenue and give guests an even better experience
- Team access and task coordination so your staff can work effectively and efficiently
- Digital signatures to ensure watertight bookings for guests ahead of time
Hostfully offers a wide range of options depending on the size of your business. Plans start at $99 per month for up to four properties, with discounts offered for volume. For example, it costs $189 per month for 5-11 properties, up to$250 for 12-20, and up to $1,500 for 250.
Managers with more than 250 properties can request a custom quote. Paying annually also waives the $400 subscription fee and offers 10% off.
|Scale with success and join other companies who are using Hostfully’s property management platform and guidebook solutions to save time and please guests. Request a demo.
iGMS offers well-known software for short-term rental businesses from one of the most knowledgeable hubs in the industry. It’s an all-in-one platform that works across more than 130 countries worldwide and prides itself on its extensive integrations.
- Direct booking management and a website builder
- Channel manager across multiple platforms
- Multi-calendar syncing
- Payment processing and invoice management
- Task and team management, as well as automated cleaning scheduling
- Smart messaging and automated guest communication
Starts from $19 per property per month or $1 per booked night with a minimum of $20 per property per month. Enterprise plans are available on request for packages across 30 properties or more.
iGMS also offers a free 14-day trial and only charges for properties with confirmed reservations.
OwnerRez positions itself as an “elite” tool, and describes its platform as a vacation rental channel manager, PMS, and website provider all in one. It also works whether you’re a small-time homeowner, a host with a few properties, or are looking to expand to become a larger property management company.
- Channel management that syncs whenever availability, pricing, or bookings change
- Property management tool for managers with larger property portfolios
- Website building with OwnerRez’s own tool or a third-party plugin
- Guest messaging including templates, automation triggers, SMS, and in-Airbnb app chats
- Accounting integrations to enable your own payment processing and security deposits
- Customer relationship management (CRM) and email marketing software including lead generation and review request tools
- Insights and reporting, whether you want data for your own reference or to show homeowners
Starts at $40 per month for a single property, with the cost per property decreasing significantly as you gain more properties. For example, it costs $88 for five properties, $196 for 20 properties, and $1,472 for 500 properties. OwnerRez also offers a 14-day free trial.
A property management platform with particular focus on good guest communication, Guesty differentiates itself by working for a variety of property types, including rentals, aparthotels, and even glamping sites.
- Unified inbox for synced guest communication across platforms and channels
- Multi-calendar manager to sync all reservations in one place
- Accounting tools to automate repetitive financial tasks
- Task automation to organize teams and recurring tasks
- Mobile app for on-the-go management
- 24/7 guest communication support
- Integrations with leading industry tools like Airbnb, PriceLabs, and RemoteLock
- Booking website builder with the option to sync with your existing site
- Owners’ portal with customizable details and translation into 15+ languages
Pricing is available on request, with quotes based on your size, location, and requirements.
Hostaway is an all-in-one solution for larger short-term rental hosts and property managers. It specializes in offering all the important features you could need within one platform and dashboard. It offers award-winning customer support, is designed to scale with your company as it grows, and aims to add more features and integrations regularly for extra functionality within the same provider.
- Property management including a reservations manager and performance insights
- Channel and distribution manager with multi-calendar support
- Automations for messaging, task, payments, and reviews
- Direct website builder, WordPress plugin, coupon manager
- Email messaging, SMS and WhatsApp support, unified inbox, and owner and guest portals
- Payment processing, signature and invoice management
- Integrations with leading software partners, including major OTAs, smart locks, payment processors, smart devices, guest screening, and task management
Customized pricing is available on request, which is charged monthly per property. Hostaway also offers Enterprise pricing for companies that need custom packages, with rates calculated based on the number of properties.
Hospitable alternatives: All-in-one automation for successful scaling
Only you can decide if your business is ready for an alternative to Hospitable.com.
If you’re looking for a platform that goes includes automated messaging, integrations, channel management, and owner reporting, Hostfully might be the great Hospitable.com alternative your business needs right now.
With innovative features like Guidebooks, booking pipelines, and upsells, we believe that Hostfully could be the right platform to help you scale to the next level of sustainable business success.
Frequently asked questions about Hospitable alternatives
What is Hospitable.com?
Hospitable.com is an automation tool designed for vacation rental hosts and managers, especially those that use OTAs such as Airbnb and Vrbo. It’s particularly well-known for its automated messaging tools, and calls itself “an additional teammate…that never sleeps or forgets”.
Is there a Hospitable alternative for enterprise?
The alternative that works best for you very much depends on what tools you need and want for your business. If you’re looking for tools for a growing or enterprise-level business you may wish to look to alternatives such as Hostfully, Guesty for Pros, or Hostaway.
Which is the best alternative to Hospitable for vacation rental managers?
The best alternative to Hospitable.com for vacation rental managers depends on exactly what your business needs and your future goals. If you’re a mid-to-large operation looking for a more powerful PMS, you could try Hostfully. However, smaller hosting businesses may like a PMS that caters specifically to smaller portfolios, like Guesty for Hosts. It’s also worth checking out Lodgify and alternatives.
Does Hospitable have an app?
Yes, Hospitable.com does have an app. It is available for Android phones from the Google Play website and for iPhones on the Apple App Store. It offers the same features as those found on the Hospitable.com desktop app, plus what Hospitable.com calls “extra little bonuses”. Hospitable describes itself as “an additional teammate” for your vacation rental hosting business.